Hopefully a few of you will be lucky enough to get a Southern Bluefin Tuna in the coming months so I thought this recipe would be appropriate.
Sesame seared tuna – Recipe
– brush the tuna steak with sesame oil
– season with salt & pepper
– roll in sesame seeds
– in a smoking hot pan, sear each side for 30 seconds (1 min MAX) until the seeds brown and go golden brown.
– roll tightly in glad wrap then place in the fridge to rest for at least 15 mins
– slice across the grain into 1 cm slices
– serve with rice, soy sauce, avo, wasabi, ginger or on a salad